Think of terpenes as even purer forms of essential oils. They are naturally-produced, molecular compounds that influence a plant’s aroma, flavor, and physiological effects. Terpenes are present in cannabis, as well as many other plants, herbs, and fruits.
Our Terpene Sample Set contains:
- Alpha Pinene: A piney, earthy, herbal terpene with a sharp pine and cedarwood flavor.
- Beta Caryophyllene: Beta Caryophyllene is a distinctively spicy-sweet terpene with a woody, cinnamon, and clove-like aroma
- Limonene: Limonene is a terpene with fresh, sweet aroma with the fragrance of citrus fruit peels
- Linalool: Linalool is a floral terpene with spicy overtones and an aroma reminiscent of lavender and lily of the valley
- Myrcene: Myrcene often reminds of earthy, musky notes, resembling cloves. It also has a fruity, red grape-like aroma
- Terpinolene: Terpinolene is a fresh, herbal terpene that exudes sweet and piney aroma, with hints of citrus.
All of Golden Apple Cannabis Co. Terpene Products are:
- 100% natural (botanic) origin.
- Steam distilled, 100% pure and no solvents.
- Food-grade (safe to ingest).
How to use our Terpenes:
Terpenes can be enjoyed aromatically, topically, or ingested in foods and drinks. Many people love adding them to diffusers, serums, lotions, even cocktails.
Terpenes are not psychoactive and do not contain cannabinoids, but they are still very powerful. They should always be diluted and are not intended to be used at full potency. Similar to essential oils, terpenes do not mix with water, but they can be diluted with carrier oils and alcohol.
How to dilute our Terpenes:
As a general rule of thumb, we recommend using no more than a 1% concentration by volume. This equates to about 1-2 drops per 8 oz.
- Carrier Oils: Add 1-2 drops per 8 oz. of volume and mix well. For topical or aromatic use, further additions should be added and tested in 1-2 drop increments. We recommend using MCTs, virgin coconut oil, hemp oil, extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil.
- Alcohol/Spirits: Add 1 drop per glass. Add to glass and swirl, or use as a bitters.
- Wine/Beer/Cider: Add 1 drop per glass. Add to glass and swirl.
- Soda Water: Add 1 drop per glass. Though terpenes do not mix with water, we’ve found that carbonation enhances the aroma and taste of the terpene.
To obtain more consistent results, measure precisely with instruments like pipettes, graduated cylinders, and burets.