Light and crisp with citrus and cucumber, The Merry Pranksters terpene cocktail feels like a summer roadtrip with fresh, earthy notes from Myrcene and Alpha-pinene terpenes.
- Tastes Like: Dry and citrus with cucumber and sweet, earthy notes of pine.
- Terpenes: Alpha-Pinene, Myrcene
- Alpha-Pinene Aroma: Woody with notes of pine and cedarwood.
- Myrcene Aroma: Earthy with fruity notes of clove.
- 2 oz gin or vodka
- 1/2 oz dry white wine
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup*
- 2 drops myrcene terpene
- 1 drop alpha-pinene terpene
- 2 chunks of muddled cucumber
- Slice of cucumber for garnish
- Muddle cucumber at the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Combine all other ingredients into cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 10-12 seconds.
- Fine strain into a coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber. Cheers!
*Simple syrup: Measure equal parts (1:1) sugar and water. Heat the water first (boiling isn’t necessary) and then add sugar until dissolved. Let cool, and store in a glass container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Rich simple syrup: For a thicker, heavier syrup, simply adjust the proportions. Many bartenders prefer a 2:1 sugar-to-water ratio.
Disclaimer: Though isolated terpenes don’t contain THC or CBD, they’re still very potent and should be used carefully. When making your cocktail, use only 1-2 drops per 8 oz.
Think of terpenes as even purer forms of essential oils. They’re compounds found in cannabis and many other plants, and they’re responsible for their aromas, flavors, and physiological effects.